This is a detailed article on the title subject from The World Nuclear Association.
- From 1969-90 there were more than 160 shipments of used nuclear reactor fuel from Japan to Europe.
- Reprocessing of the Japanese used fuel has been undertaken in UK and France under contract with Japanese utilities.
- Recovered fissile materials are returned to Japan as reactor fuel, notably as mixed oxide (MOX) fuel.
- The first shipment to Japan of immobilised high-level waste from reprocessing took place in 1995 and the 12th and last one from France was in 2007.
Fact Sheets on the site include:
- MOX Fuel Shipments from Europe to Japan (PDF)
- From BNFL Media Brief 4 December 1996, “Shipments of Nuclear Materials Between Europe and Japan”
This article would not be possible without the extensive efforts of the SimplyInfo research team
Join the conversation at chat.simplyinfo.org
© 2011-2022 SimplyInfo.org, Fukuleaks.org All Rights Reserved Content cited, quoted etc. from other sources is under the respective rights of that content owner. If you are viewing this page on any website other than http://www.simplyinfo.org (or http://www.fukuleaks.org) it may be plagiarized, please let us know. If you wish to reproduce any of our content in full or in more than a phrase or quote, please contact us first to obtain permission.