One of the various panels making suggestions for the response to the mess at Fukushima Daiichi has called for 5 new measures to combat radioactive water at the plant. As the plant continues to leak an estimated 9 terabecquerels of just cesium 137 alone to the sea every month, these solutions are critical.
- Storage tanks with double outer walls
- Sealing cracks and piping holes with concrete
- Pave the ground with asphalt to prevent rainwater from seeping in
- Handling of wastewater containing radioactive tritium
- Continue with the effort on the frozen wall
This article would not be possible without the extensive efforts of the SimplyInfo research team
Join the conversation at chat.simplyinfo.org
© 2011-2018 SimplyInfo.org, Fukuleaks.org All Rights Reserved Content cited, quoted etc. from other sources is under the respective rights of that content owner. If you are viewing this page on any website other than www.simplyinfo.org (or www.fukuleaks.org) it may be plagiarized, please let us know. If you wish to reproduce any of our content in full or in more than a phrase or quote, please contact us first to obtain permission.